08 Nov 2015
photo cred | Flickr
In the saddest piece of news that I’ve read all week, the Seattle gum wall in Post Alley next to Pike Place is coming down! First off, two decades worth of chewed up spit up gum is up on this wall and while some people find it to be completely disgusting, guess what – I don’t hate it. Not one bit. I still take every person that has ever visited me in Seattle to this place because I think it’s fantastic. Why the city would want to clean this thing up is beyond me. They should probably worry about the random poo poo on the streets instead of this.
The sticky spread currently spans 54 feet and climbs eight feet high up the alley wall—there’s an estimated 150 pieces of gum per brick, and over one million wads total. It’s a collection 20 years in the making, started by audience members waiting in line for improv shows at the Market Theater.
The cleaning will start sometime this week and is expected to last a couple of days. Yeah, there’s THAT much gum on it. I wonder if people will start throwing up their gum after the cleaning. It’s what I would do. This thing is an icon.
09 Jan 2013
1. What “Girls” has taught us about fashion and dressing appropriate for every occasion – courtesy of Flavorwire.
2. Seattle, you are the best city that I have ever lived in and here’s why – – – – (Seattle Times)
photo cred | Chelsea Improvement Co.
3. Google provides free WiFi for the entire Chelsea neighborhood. [Source]
4. 72 Style Resolutions for 2013 from 72 fashionable Seattleites courtesy of Seattle Met
5. To make one of their most popular flavors, “Scout Mint,” Molly Moon’s ice cream shop needs a LOT of cookies – specifically the thin mints HOBviously. This Friday at 3PM, Molly Moon Neitzel along with other managers will be posted up at the Capitol Hill, Queen Anne, and Wallingford shops ready to purchase 84,000 cookies from quite a few eager Girl Scouts. Looks like Neitzel is on her way towards molding some future saleswomen! [Source]
photo cred | Floor 13
6. Pioneer Square has opened up a new space in their neighborhood perfect for intimate weddings and small events. Floor 13 holds 75 to 100 people and is absolutely gorgeous. [Source]
7. Part of Urban Outfitters’ “Get It Together” series – Dressing Like A Grown Up
8. Nordstrom’s 2013 visual displays are now up at the flagship! Check out the full gallery here
03 Jan 2013
There were just too many fantastic reads today that I couldn’t make a post about every single one of them. Seriously, they are taking up all my tabs so I decided to turn them into a roundup post for your viewing convenience.
1. Facebook Prototype – Swedish designer Fred Nerby created this awesome prototype of a possible Facebook user interface that looks nothing like Timeline. Instead it resembles something more of the renovated MySpace, but damn, this looks. good. If you want to see the details clearer, watch the Vimeo in full screen. [Source]
2. Saving Your Instagrams – – – > Instaport
3. “Why I Left My Fancy Magazine Job” – Former Fashionista Editor Lauren Sherman explains why she left a gig at Lucky Magazine that many aspiring young women dream of.
4. Pinterest Acquires Punchfork – Pinterest makes its first big move in 2013 by acquiring one of my favorite recipe sites. [Source]
5. Seattle Music Ruled Today – Allen Stone performed on Ellen and Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ “Thrift Shop” went platinum.
photo cred | Michael Clinard – Seattle Met [Russell Investments office]
6. Modern Style Offices Thrive in Seattle – I couldn’t agree more that this open floor plan does wonders for productivity. [Source]
7. The 5 Innovative Social Media Campaigns of 2012
8. Starbucks is revealing their new $1 reusable cup. Will it catch on? [Source]
9. Man moves back in with his family to allow a homeless family to live in his home – such an amazing story about kindness and generosity. The video to accompany this post is a must-see. [Source]
10. McDreamy wants in on the Tully’s on Broadway in Capitol Hill. [Source]
30 Oct 2012
It’s no secret at all that Seattle is one of the top food cities in the country. Hello – Top Chef’s newest season was filmed here and I can’t wait to see all of my favorite spots featured. Today, Seattle Met Magazine published their picks for the best restaurants in Seattle for the year of 2012.
Shoutouts to my favorites:
- Skillet Diner
- Dick’s Drive In
Clearly, I’ve got a new list of restaurants that I need to hit up though. Goal for 2013? Check out the full list here and grab a tissue for the drooling that’s about to happen
10 Jul 2012
1. They’ve got a watermelon caprese sandwich. Have you ever heard of such a thing?! It looks like THIS ^^^
2. They make my favorite sandwich – the Turkey Bacon Avocado
3. Tom Colicchio stopped by and ordered the Revised Reuben.