I really don’t need to be adding any more shows to watch in addition to all the TV shows that I watch each night, but this one looked good! It’s surprising, right? Because it’s MTV. Actually the real reason I’m watching this series is because the main character “Carter” is played by Kathryn Prescott who was probably one of my favorite characters in Skins. I have no doubts that she will do an amazing job in this series as well.
We’ve been waiting for Skins to return for some time now and now it’s finally here! It looks like Effy will be the first character to be featured in the first episode.
Effy (Kaya Scodelario) has a dead end job as a receptionist for a leading London Hedge Fund. But as she stumbles across crucial financial information relating to a troubled deal and embarks on an affair with her wealthy boss, she finds out that she has bitten off more than she can chew. Her flatmate Naomi (Lily Loveless) tries to stop Effy from ruining her life, but Effy cannot be reached; until tragedy strikes.
It’s been awhile since we’ve seen the original cast of Skins and in this new teaser trailer, we get a sneak peek at how they’ve transformed from when they were first introduced. Can’t wait for the season!
It’s baaaaaaack! When I was younger and watching the series, I could never watch Skins just straight from my television. I had to get creative. In fact – I was so creative that I can’t even remember how I watched the series now, but I’m going to have to say that I probably streamed it online. From somewhere…the unknown if you will. I wouldn’t take it back for anything though because Skins was my absolute favorite series and even though Effy was a little cray, I aspired to be her. Who didn’t? She was the manic pixie dream girl that everyone wanted to be. The Skins series 5 and 6 were kind of a hot mess and let’s not even get started on the MTV American version so I am thrilled that they are bringing back the originals. In Season 7, all of our favorites will be returning including Kaya Scodelario (Effy), Jack O’Connell (Cook), Hannah Murray (Cassie), Lily Loveless (Naomi), and Kat Prescott (Emily).
I couldn’t be more excited.
photo cred | The Man Repeller
– Bloggers are making their mark on the world! The Man Repeller’s Leandra Medine will be releasing a new book slated for next year. [Source]
– Pinterest puts their foot down when it comes to thinspiration images on their website. [Source]
– Could H&M be on the verge of launching a luxury brand? [Source]
Justin Bieber – Boyfriend
– The lyrics slay me.
– Britney Spears is joining X Factor y’all! [Source]
– Maroon 5’s new album “Overexposed” will be released in June. [Source]
– A new MGMT record will be released this September! [Source]
– Australian music group, Jet, has decided to part ways. [Source]
– Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros will release their second album together by the end of the year. [Source]
– A Hunger Games vacation. [Source]
– JJ Abrams isn’t letting anyone see Star Trek 2 before it comes out! [Source]
– The Weinstein Company has decided to retaliate against the MPAA and will release the new documentary, “Bully,” as unrated. [Source]
– Direct R.J. Cutler (The September Issue) will direct yet another fashion-based film. [Source]
– We said goodbye to one of my favorite series, Skins. [Source]
– Teen Mom 2 star Jenelle is going under the knife. [Source]
– Mike “The Situation” has checked into rehab for prescription pills and alcohol. [Source]
– 30 Rock will do another live episode next month. [Source]
– Lifetime has pulled a controversial episode of Dance Moms featuring the young girls as little showgirls. [Source]
– Jo Rivera from Teen Mom 2 attempts a rap career. [Source]
– Here’s a first look at AnnaSophia Robb as a young Carrie Bradshaw. [Source]
– Camille Grammer is not returning to The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. [Source]
– ABC Family has picked up the network rights to The Hunger Games – will air in 2014. [Source]
– Jimmy Kimmel will host the Emmy’s! [Source]
– Everyday Music has officially moved across the street. [Source]
– Ballard burger spot, The Counter, has closed. [Source]
– A store I recently discovered while in San Francisco, Bevmo, will open up two locations in Washington in Silverdale and Tacoma. Um…I think they really meant Seattle, but that’s not happening. [Source]
– Seattle Restaurant Week begins April 8th! [Source]
– There is a Vintage Wedding Fair going down this weekend. Swoon swoon swoon. [Source]
– Miami Heat show their support for Trayvon Martin. [Source]
– Jason Russell’s naked meltdown was because of a brief reactive psychosis. [Source]
– Tori Spelling is pregnant again. [Source]
– Kim’s flour shower. [Source]
– Megan Fox has spent $60K + on plastic surgery. [Source] Yikes.
– Hilary Duff gave birth to son Luca last week.
– Khloe Kardashian turns her back on PETA after her sister’s incident. [Source]
– VS Angel Adriana Lima is also pregnant. [Source]
I don’t make this up. This is in the exact order and I’m going strictly by the numbers on this one.
- Elizabeth Taylor Dies of Congestive Heart Failure
- The History of “Planking”
- Meet: Liz Lee
- Capitol Hill Block Party – Changes in 2011?
- Anthropologie Introduces BHLDN
- Coachella 2011 Fashion
- My Favorite Hipsters
- 2011 People’s Choice Awards
- Skins Series 5: Franky Review
- Fleet Foxes Announce 2nd Album Release Date
And there you have it!
As some of you may have noticed, there wasn’t so much postage going on this past weekend. The reason for that is because I was recovering, but I also came across a post on Ohnotheydidnt about the television shows that ended this year. One of them – near and dear to my heart – was Greek. After reading that post, the only sensible thing to do was watch an entire marathon of the show starting from episode one throughout the whole weekend. So I didn’t write anything for Yow Yow, but I became reacquainted with a show I once loved and can still relive through NetFlix – thank goodness. It was a weekend well spent.
And now, here’s your second end of the year recap post of shows that I will personally miss.
Greek: July 9, 2007 – March 7, 2011
I was deprived as a college student from the Greek system and the only way for me to feel like I was not missing out on anything was to live vicariously through Casey Cartwright. This show is extremely special to me for reasons I can’t explain. These kids barely did any school work and their entire lives revolved around the Greek system social calendar. Naturally, I was envious. The show has taught me a lot about love and friendship and karmic synergy, but they all couldn’t stay in college forever. At some point, every one of them needed to graduate and it was at that point that I had to let them.
What do these two HBIC have in common?
During Finals Week, I was unable to keep up with these “In the News…” posts so some of these bits are from two weeks ago. From here on out though, everything will be pretty current.
– Giambattista Valli will design for Macy’s. [Source]
– Hamish Bowles is writing an autobiography. [Source]
– Gary Time has officially launched! [Source]
– Jessica and Ashlee Simpson will collaborate on tween clothing line. [Source]
– Dakota Fanning is the new face of Marc Jacobs’ “Oh Lola!” [Source]
– Coachella is turning into a multi-weekend event! [Source]
– Adele has canceled the rest of her North American tour due to sickness. [Source]
– MTV has cancelled Skins. Sad day. [Source]
– Fear Factor is returning to NBC. [Source]
– Jane Lynch will host the Emmys. [Source]
– Katie Couric is launching a talk show on ABC next fall. [Source]
– There has been talk of a US remake for the UK hit show “Misfits.” [Source]
– MTV will film their next season of Real World in San Diego. [Source]
– Blur Seattle has created the HappyButts project to encourage smokers to toss their used cigarettes in these designated cans and not the streets of Capitol Hill. [Source]
– “Human Barbie” Sarah Burge who has had $800,000 worth of surgery recently purchased a voucher for breast implants for her 7-year old daughter to redeem when she is 16. [Source]
– The ridiculous family that started the whole Balloon Boy incident last year has decided to auction off their enormous balloon in order to raise money for the Japan relief. The price is currently set at $1m. Okay, you’ve redeemed yourself a little bit. [Source]
– Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn are no longer dating. [Source]
– Shaq announces retirement after 19 years in the NBA. [Source]
– Ed Norton is engaged. [Source]
– Nikki Reed is engaged to American Idol contestant Paul McDonald. [Source]
– Jack White and Karen Elson are throwing a divorce party. [Source]
– The creator of Mad Libs, Leonard B. Stern, has passed away at 88. [Source]
– This fall, Emma Watson will resume her college education by attending Oxford University. [Source]
– Lily Allen got married today. [Source]
I guess it’s no surprise to me that winter quarter was my heaviest season for television time. Come spring, I will have absolutely nothing to watch!
The only way I can sum up my feelings about last night’s finale episode of Pretty Little Liars is with this gif:
Also, the parents association can finally settle down now that the finale of Skins has aired. It has been a wild ride for the season filled with relentless doubt and numerous comparisons between MTV’s version of Skins and the original UK Skins. I think I can safely say that the end of the season was very different in every shape and form than the UK finale of series one.
Here’s what I have learned from both the finale episode and the season altogether:
- The music is still one of the best things to have ever happened to the show
- Tea definitely got more air time than Maxxie ever did
- The MTV finale was so anti-climatic compared to the UK version
- The actress who plays Michelle in the MTV version is phenomenal
- Eura will never be Effy
Bring on that second season MTV.