Happy Thursday, yo.
Happy Thursday, yo.
– Alexa Chung has made her Instagram private after several of her followers left comments for her on this picture saying that she was too thin. She responded, “Ok everyone thanks for the teen angst discussions. People are different sizes. I’m not trying to be thinspo for anyone.” [Source]
– Rag & Bone will launch a handbag line this fall. [Source]
– Nicki Minaj will develop her own fragrance. [Source]
– This photo of two models kissing in Urban Outfitters’ latest catalog has stirred up some controversy with the One Million Moms (OMM) Organization.
“The content is offensive and inappropriate for a teen who is the company’s target customer.” And they’re asking supporters to boycott the retailer: “Tell them you will also no longer shop at their stores if you hear this type of advertising continues.”
Whatever, man. There’s always some organization that brings up this issue every month. [Source]
– Marchesa may be launching a contemporary line very soon. [Source]
– I’ve been waiting for this album, but I don’t have to wait much longer since Metric’s “Synthetica” will be out June 12. [Source]
– After debuting Tupac’s hologram at Coachella this past weekend, Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg are now considering taking it on tour with them. [Source]
– Zooey totally sold me on the iPhone 4s in this commercial. It was the tomato soup.
– NBC will stream the entire 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I get that it’s popular these days, but it’s gonna be on NBC all day every day. [Source]
– MTV’s Teen Wolf will return in June for their second season. [Source]
– The Seattle Center will partner with Coca-Cola and name them the “official beverage” of the space and will celebrate them at their Next Fifty event. [Source]
– Congratulations to The Stranger writer, Eli Sanders, for his Pulitzer on feature writing! So much of my Seattle news comes from this blog so I think credit should be given when deserved. [Source]
– Tru Blood stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer are expecting. [Source]
– Angelina Jolie’s engagement ring from Brad Pitt is reportedly worth $1 million dollars. [Source
– Kanye West apparently broke up with Kim Kardashian via text. [Source]
– Dick Clark has passed away after suffering a heart attack. He was 82 years old. [Source]
– Victoria Beckham’s birthday cake…is not a real cake. It’s fruit. [Source]
What an amazing lineup. I think I like it even more than Coachella’s. Nothing beats Snoop, GIRL TALK ( I will always love) Andrew Bird, MGMT, Of Montreal, Jenny Lewis, Santogold, The Ting Tings and Portugal. The Man. All in one place.