- Pixar’s “Bao” Is So Much More Than An Appetizer for “Incredibles 2” [Slate]
- My Dad’s Friendship with Charles Barkley [WBUR]
- 2018 Tech in Memoriam [Wired] RIP to my favorite cell phone ever
- Tiny Love Stories [New York Times]
- There’s Only One Good Way To Email Your Boss [The Cut]
- The One Piece of Advice Young Women Need [Medium]
- What Sets You Off, According To Your Meyers-Briggs [Man Repeller]
- The Power of Positive People [New York Times]
- How to Say ‘No’ to Others and ‘Yes’ to Yourself [Girls’ Night In Club]
- Instagram Stars and the Hotels They Stay At [The Atlantic]
- The Best Travel Tips That No One Tells You [Cool Material]
- Spotify Still Won’t Enable a Feature That Would Let Its Users Block Their Harassers [BuzzFeed News]
- A Spice Girls Exhibit Is Coming This Summer [Nylon]
- The Emojis We Don’t Need [Vice]
- Aly Raisman Takes The Floor [ESPN]
- America’s Ramen Obsession, Explained – I don’t know if I agree with how yummy all these creations are supposed to be! [The New Yorker]
- ‘Sister Survivors’ and victims of Larry Nassar Accept the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the ESPYS last night [Vogue]
Have any of you been glued to the Olympics for the last couple of weeks? It’s consuming so much of what my friends and I have been talking about, but to be honest, I haven’t watched as much of it as I would’ve liked. 1. I’m obsessed with Chloe Kim and her father. And 2. Ice skating comes second to that. Other than that, I couldn’t tell you who won in each event or how many different events there were.
When I’m work and interviewing candidates, I typically ask them to me the last thing they learned. Then when they ask me that question back, I’m almost completely caught off guard. Lately, I’ve been watching a lot of these Vox type videos, but also that Suchin Pak podcast on saving money. They are providing me with a lot of great material to share when people ask me what I’ve been learning! This one on how ice skaters choose their music featuring US Olympian Adam Rippon is so fascinating to me.
This video needed more Marshawn. Of course we’ll be watching the Super Bowl tomorrow, but it’s always less fun for us when the Seahawks aren’t in it. In case anyone is wondering though…um, we’re rooting for the Falcons!
The events that occurred this weekend were deeply upsetting. We have a couple more posts tonight that aren’t as happy and chipper as we usually portray on Yow Yow! so before those happen, I’m leaving you with this: Marshawn Lynch being his best self in Houston, Scotland and with Skittles.
Believe it or not, there was definitely a time when I was growing up and not sure what I wanted to do after graduating, but just knew that I wanted to be creative. I thought I was going to turn to the advertising world! I remember still applying for these positions not even sure if I had the skills or knowing if I was qualified enough, but still gettin’ after it anyways because what did a college graduate have to lose? Well, we never landed there, but that doesn’t mean that I’m still not fascinated by it. I really enjoyed watching these Nike Unlimited Ads. I think they’ve been out for awhile now, but the narration in them is pretty engaging. I walked away from these feeling kind of inspired!
- Frank Ocean’s album reportedly will be within 72 hours (Frank, pls) [Independent]
- Meet the ATM for pizzas [Inside Hook]
- The Filipino diving team is not good. Just watch. [Digg]
- The captions to use when you post that first photo with your significant other [List]
- Famous first landing pages [One Month Rails]
- How the USA women’s gymnastics team picks their music [Fader]
- 5 Things that are harder than registering to vote
- Gay Marriage, A Year Later [New York Times]
- Kevin Durant leaves OKC to join the Warriors. Just give them the trophy already. [ThePlayersTribune]
- Lollapalooza Columbia cancels entire festival because headliner Rihanna pulls out for fear of Zika Virus [Nylon]
- Photographing the real Barack Obama [The Guardian]
- Productivity is about what you don’t do [Jocelyn Glei]
- The one food you should never eat according to Anthony Bourdain [TIME]
- JetBlue does something sweet for mothers on Mother’s Day [Travel + Leisure]
- How awkward are you? (a quiz!) I got the “I’m not awkward, which is awkward.” Man, can’t win [Man Repeller]
- How to say “Thank You” [James Clear]
- A generator that guesses your age and status based on what apps you have on your phone. [Washington Post] This wasn’t entirelyyyy accurate for me.
- Would you ride this slide 1,000 feet above LA? [My Modern Met]
The character from The Ring through the first pitch at a baseball game in Japan.
C’mon…they couldn’t have just picked a celebrity like everyone else?!
If you’re looking for more creepy moments, just watch this video because she brings out two of her “dead” friends.
Lol Steph Curry’s puberty.