Are you guys ready for something random? I recently just got back from Vegas about a month ago and while we were there, Tommy, Leslie and I caught Mashmello at a daytime pool party. The following night we found ourselves at a local dive bar watching non-stop American Ninja Warrior. To see these two things combined into one could not be more perfect.
Also do we think that that is really Marshmello or someone else wearing his costume? I’ve been wondering this the entire time.
Is anyone already listening to “Sweetener?” I just pulled it up on Spotify and already I’m feeling like her first few songs are very different from her last albums especially early on in her career. I’m willing to give this a fair shot though! I’d be interested in hearing what everyone’s favorite songs are afterwards.
When it comes to home improvement shows, I often feel like I missed the boat on the HGTV craze. I’m the kind of person who wants to make my home feel comfortable for everyone and myself, but I don’t often have the resources or know-how to do it. Airbnb’s fascinate me, especially as someone that grew up loving hotels. When I first saw this trailer for “Stay Here,” I thought it was for another Netflix original film. To my surprise, it’s all about working with property owners to make their short term rentals a place people actually want to stay at. “Stay Here” premieres on Netflix starting August 17th for those of you who are interested!
- Seattle’s Pike Place Fish Market Sold to Fish-Throwing Employees [The Seattle Times]
- The world’s most Instagrammable sneakers [forward2me]
- The horror film, The Purge, is being turned into a television series for USA Network and it looks just as terrifying as the films.
- Mara Wilson’s thoughts on how Allison Mack got roped into NXIVM [Elle]
- An interview with Stripe’s CEO, Patrick Collison on culture and growing startups [High Growth Handbook – Elad Gil]
- How an ex-cop rigged McDonald’s Monopoly game and stole millions [The Daily Beast]
- The bowling mechanic keeping America’s favorite pastime alive
- The legacy of Benihana [The Ringer]
- Being 30 in Seattle: It’s a lot harder today than it was for your parents [The Seattle Times]
- How Marie Kondo Created a Decluttering Empire [The Every Girl]
- He Kissed Me…and then Unmatched Me [The Every Girl] – just a funny take on online dating in 2018
Madelaine Petsch in Prada
I’m so old that I completely forgot that this was happening tonight and that the award show has changed its name to “MTV Movie and Television Awards.” We’re not sure when that happened, but we do appreciate the inclusivity for television series. Next up? All of our favorite looks and nothing about the award show itself because we’re not watching it this year.
Katherine Langford in custom Giorgio Armani
I kind of sort of this mainly because I am terrible at spotting celebrities out in public. I would have probably been one of those shocked onlookers.
Has anyone listened to the entire album yet? I’ve heard a few singles and just played “Unless It’s With You” and have it on repeat. <3
It’s a little strange to become emotional over a movie trailer, but when you’re someone that also gets emotional over wedding videos for people that you don’t know – nothing is surprising anymore. Mr. Rogers was a large part of my upbringing. My parents tell me that when I was younger, I adored him. At my age now, hearing that seems a little creepy? Unconventional? But when you’re a child, you’re so impressionable and that kind of innocence is something to be treasured.
This documentary will be shown in select theaters in June. I’m very interested in learning more about the man behind the cardigan and who Fred was outside of my television.