20 May 2014
– The Burger Bucket List [Cool Material]
– SF hotel pools you can maybe sneak into [Thrillist]
– Quick fix: your dried-up mascara [The Beauty Department]
– 31 awesome graduation caps [Buzzfeed]
– Facebook multimillionaire explains why adversity is good for kids and her success story [Dallas News]
10 Jul 2013
We’ve typically done Blog Roundup posts in the evening, but I thought it would be nice if you all had something to wake up to this morning!
- Are you using hashtags wrong? Make sure you’re not one of these seven abusers. [Source]
- Don’t worry 20-somethings! A winding career path is just A-okay! [Source]
- A very quirky read on the worst online dates that will never happen to you. They just happened to someone else. [Source]
- How to build up your social media existence professionally [Source]
- Because we tend to focus a lot on Seattle, here are 5 spots to dine out at on the Eastside this summer. [Source]
- BuzzFeed’s 16 different cocktails to make that only involve two ingredients. Simple enough! [Source]
- Lauren Conrad’s team from The Beauty Department show us how to perfect the ombre eyeliner [Source]
- Modern Manners – Are you following the rules correctly? [Source]
10 Oct 2011
After months of talking about it, Olivia Palermo has finally launched her blog into the internetz. Olivia Palermo, is a style icon, but is more known for her role on The City as Whitney Port’s frenemy. If you’ve ever seen the show, Olivia would not be one of the characters you rooted for, but if you have never seen the show at all then you would love her in real life just for her outfits alone. Somewhere in that hot mess of a sentence, it makes sense. The lifestyle blog will cover fashion, traveling, and tips. So far it’s a little lackluster, but I’ll give it a shot and add it to my notepad of blogs. If we were going to judge on visual appeal though, Lauren Conrad’s “The Beauty Department” still takes the cake! Design Love Fest creator Bri Emery is a creative genius!
Check out Olivia Palermo’s self-titled blog here.
19 Apr 2011
Lauren Conrad can officially add the title of blogger to her resume today as she launched her new blog “The Beauty Department” with her hairstylist Kristin Ess and makeup artist Amy Nadine. The lovely ladies will offer up advice daily on topics involving hair, beauty, and tutorials. Though it is rare for me to be perusing beauty blogs, I feel like I might be visiting it more often just because I am loving the layout done by Design Love Fest.