28 Feb 2016
Saoirse Ronan in custom Calvin Klein
*swoon* oh my gosh, isn’t she a vision? I was debating between using Saoirse or Alicia for the first photo of this post, but when it came down to it, I had to pick this one. The sequins, the Emerald green and the s/o to her Irish heritage is absolutely perfect. This is the perfect look for the nominated actress.
Read more “Oscars 2016 Red Carpet”
13 Jan 2015
Dakota Johnson in Chanel Haute Couture
On Golden Globe night, I had a very difficult decision to make. I could either watch the award show or grab dinner with some friends and watch Selma. In the end, I chose to let the show go, but only because I was able to watch the red carpet and felt like I got what I needed. Within the first 30 minutes of the E! Live Red Carpet show, I wasn’t impressed with any of the looks, but as the program went on, I felt like I had something positive to say about nearly every look. This morning, we’re kicking things off with Dakota Johnson. I never read 50 Shades of Grey, but now that I’ve been seeing more ads, I’m becoming much more curious about the film. I love that she chose this gown because she looks fantastic in it, but if I could change anything about this look, I would’ve wanted her to go completely sleek with her hair just to make it look like she didn’t walk straight out of the movie trailer we’ve been seeing for the past month.
Read more “Golden Globes 2015 Red Carpet Arrivals”
13 Jan 2014
Tina Fey in Carolina Herrera and Amy Poehler in custom Stella McCartney
Happy Monday readers! Yesterday brought out some of the best in red carpet wear and along with that…some of the worse. We’re kicking off this red carpet post, however, with the best hosts this show has ever seen. Luckily for us, we get them for another year!
Read more “Golden Globes 2014 Red Carpet”
15 Oct 2013
For two more years, we will get to see our favorite comedic duo Amy Poehler and Tina Fey hosting the Golden Globes. They really did do a phenomenal job last year and left everyone speculating whether or not they would return. The two have signed up for two more years and we are confident that they will bring the laughs. During their last hosting stint for the Golden Globes, they were able to give the award show its best ratings in 6 years and were up 17% over the 2012 show.
30 Sep 2013
I missed the premiere episode of Saturday Night Live last night and it wasn’t one to miss because our favorite Tina Fey was hosting the premiere. It’s actually a little funny that Tina Fey decided to poke fun at Girls since her and Amy Poehler made a comment about the show and Lena Dunham last year at the Golden Globe Awards when they hosted. The skit itself, however, is pretty much spot-on. Well done, Fey.
23 Sep 2013
Rose Byrne in Custom Calvin Klein Collection
I wasn’t that into the Emmy’s this year for some reason and that could’ve been for a few reasons:
- I was stoked on the Seahawks winning. Again.
- I only cared about the red carpet (nothing new there)
- Was I the only one that thought the award show was kind of a snoozefest?
Typically when we cover award shows, we generally just stick to the fashion and that’s exactly what we’re going to do again. But here are the winners in case you are wondering – – via Refinery29
Rose Byrne’s gown was easily one of my favorites from the entire evening!
Read more “Emmy’s 2013”
05 Mar 2013
When Tina Fey and Amy Poehler cracked a joke about Taylor Swift possibly going after Michael J. Fox’s son at the Oscars, it was the highlight of my evening. I mean, c’mon it was funny, right? Well apparently, Miss Taylor Swift didn’t find any humor in it and has been quoted by Vanity Fair giving a somewhat cryptic, but obvious comeback:
“You know, Katie Couric is one of my favorite people, because she said to me she had heard a quote that she loved, that said, ‘There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help other women.'”
Um. Sorry Taylor, but personally I don’t think Tina and Amy can go to hell for making a quip at you. They weren’t the first to do so and they probably won’t be the last, but the ever-so-classy Amy Poehler returned her comment with the following:
“Aw, I feel bad if she was upset. I am a feminist and she is a young and talented girl. That being said, I do agree I am going to hell. But for other reasons. Mostly boring tax stuff. “
To read the rest of the funny Gawker article, click here.
28 Jan 2013
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Read more “SAG Awards 2013”
14 Jan 2013
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Everyone kind of knew she’d be wearing Dior since she’s the new face and all, but no one expected her to look this flawless. The cinched belt at the waistline completes this look.
Read more “2013 Golden Globe Awards”
12 Jan 2013
– Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist quits. [Source]
– It was Marc Jacobs’s psychiatrist that advised him to turn down the Dior gig. [Source]
– A song about Harry Styles is on its way y’all! [Source]
– Ke$ha was paid just $1.63 to write a song for Miley Cyrus. Yes, that’s $1.63… 63 cents. [Source]
– Jurassic Park 4 will be released June 13, 2014. [Source]
– Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame may hit Broadway. [Source]
– Pirates of the Caribbean, really? [Source]
– Tina Fey on Twitter.
– Britney has not only split with fiance Jason Trawick, but has also given back his $90K engagement ring. [Source]
– Facebook is considering adding a fee to send messages to people that you are not connected with for a whopping $100. [Source]
– Crystal Harris signed a pretty serious Prenup before marrying Hugh Hefner. UM HOBviously. [Source]
– Do we like this new portrait of Kate Middleton revealed yesterday? Apparently, no one does. [Source]
– Jennifer Lawrence and actor Nicholas Hoult split. [Source]
– Evan Rachel Wood and Jamie Bell are expecting their first child. [Source] Luckily that Marilyn Manson thing was just a phase…
– Reddit Co-Founder and Digital Activist Aaron Swartz has committed suicide. [Source]
– Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are engaged! [Source]