Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture
Modern Family’s Julie Bowen was one of my absolute favorites last night! I was loving all of the yellow gowns, but this neon one just pops against the red carpet. The actress is wearing Monique Lhuillier.
Alessandra Ambrosio in Roberto Cavalli with Kourtney Kardashian in Raoul
There were way too many celebrities at the viewing and after parties that I just had to make a whole separate post for them.
[Rooney Mara in Givenchy Haute Couture]
I absolutely love this gown on her. It’s so refreshing to see her not wearing black for once since most of her press outfits and even gowns on the red carpet recently have been black.
I spent most of the day watching the red carpet special for the Academy Awards yesterday as E! decided to start it around one if not sooner. Unfortunately, thirty minutes into the show, I decided to give up on watching it to spend my time with some great company. It’s alright – the red carpet is usually the main priority for me…that was until Ashley sent me a text that said, “We could have easily made tonight a drinking game,” which meant that I was missing a whole lot of highlights from the show.
I suppose I can just read about the rest of the stuff that happened during the show. I did, however, witness Sacha Baron Cohen as the Dictator dump Bisquick all over Ryan Seacrest’s Burberry suit. Just watching him trying to contain his anger over the situation was entertaining enough.
And with that, let’s get into some red carpet looks!
Rose Byrne in Elie Saab Couture
I was actually impressed by most of the looks I saw on the red carpet this year at the 2012 SAG Awards -more so than the Golden Globes. Rose Byrne, Michelle Williams, Emma Stone were some of my favorites! I absolutely loved how Rose Byrne opted for a jumpsuit instead of a gown. It’s a risky choice, but the actress pulled it off. Also, her haircut is adorable with the look.
Taylor Swift was the woman of the evening last night taking home three American Music Awards including the coveted Artist of the Year. She wore a Reem Acra gown that was stunning, but why do I feel like I’ve seen her wear this gown three times before? Regardless, I think she’s great and I totally had a fan girl moment last night when she won her awards and appeared on 60 Minutes.
– America’s Best Dance Crew will return to MTV tonight with SYTYCD’s Dominic Sandoval replacing Omarion as a judge. To learn about the crews click here.
– UK Skins writer Jamie Brittain has decided to leave the show that he helped create with his father Bryan Eisley. [Source]
– Showtime is giving the San Francisco Giants a reality show. [Source]
– Viacom has decided to block Lauren Conrad’s intro to the reality show that will never happen. BUT it was such a cute stop motion! [Source]
– With the Royal Wedding just 23 days away, UK Vogue has decided to publish a very special wedding issue featuring Natalia Vodianova, Freja Beha Erichsen and Lara Stone wearing Vivienne Westwood, Oscar de la Renta, Bruce Oldfield respectively. [Source]
– Pauly D. Snooki, and JWoww will all be getting spin-offs. [Source]
– Jay-Z has created a new lifestyle website entitled Life+Times. The website will cover the following topics of art, technology, music, sports, and leisure. He even wrote about Seattle Mariners’ Ichiro Suzuki here. [Source]
– Lauren Conrad has been offered a three-book deal for a spinoff character featured in her “Candy” series. [Source]
– A look back at the wedding dresses of royal weddings are not all that exciting; let’s hope that Kate Middleton can show everyone up. [Source]
– Natalie Portman used to love smoking pot. [Source]
– Country singer Chely Wright and girlfriend Lauren Blitzer are engaged. [Source]
– For lolz – David Beckham sunbathing with a cardboard cut out of Justin Bieber. [Source]
– D-list Actor Michael Copon (AKA Felix from One Tree Hill and that one character from Bring It On: In It To Win It) claims that he was almost Troy Bolton and Jacob Black from Twilight. Psh let’s be real – you never had those roles. [Source]
– Teen Mom Farrah Abraham is writing a memoir. [Source]
– Meet Britney Spears‘ body double in the music video “Till the World Ends.” [Source]
– Gwyneth Paltrow will release her cookbook, “My Father’s Daughter: Delicious, Easy Recipes Celebrating Family & Togetherness,” on April 17th. The book is dedicated to her late father Bruce Paltrow. [Source]
– Tina Fey is pregnant with her second child. [Source]
– Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth will star in The Hunger Games. [Source]
– Joe Jonas running…mmmmm! [Source]
I can’t get enough of this father daughter duo! Here they are covering 4 Non-Blondes – What’s Going On!
Olivia Wilde in Marchesa
Chocolate brown and gold sequins are the perfect combination for this Golden Globe gown. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen Olivia look this good! I also loved that she wore her hair down with her bangs since we are typically used to seeing it done up.
Ashley Tisdale in Farah Angsana
I haven’t rated looks in forever, but I might just start up again. I give this look a 4.7 because I am loving her resort-esque dress even during the winter time. The blend of chartreuse and pink in the dress help bring out her warm skin tone and are really quite complimentary to the entire look itself. She also gets points for doing the boho look without looking homeless hippy.