Other than a very small handful of songs, I don’t particularly enjoy Katy Perry much as a performer. This interview, however, is the most adorable thing I’ve seen today so we had to share because how cute is Poppy?!
It may appear to be a very simple message, but there’s no denying how powerful this video is. Created by W Magazine and featuring 81 of the biggest names in the fashion industry, these individuals are taking a stand against President Trump’s recent immigration ban. I’ll keep this short because I recently shared my own thoughts about the immigration ban, but I think it’s incredible to see an entire industry voicing their thoughts on some of the recent decisions that have been made.
In this video, you’ll see Diane von Fursternberg, Jourdan Dunn, Adriana Lima, and Anja Rubik just to name a few.
This cover was so enticing to me that I had my money on it that the rest of the editorial spread would be just as good and that we’d probably have to share it on Yow Yow!
Turns out…we were right.
High-five for beginning band.
It’s weird for me to say that I’ve grown up with Emma Watson as an actress, but I have and so have many other people. Her breakout role was as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series and since then she has pretty much proven herself as an actress and as an awesome human being. I watched this video of her yesterday for W Magazine and was impressed by her character. Not only is she very talented, but she is also very smart. I have a great deal of respect for her as an actress and am excited to see how far her career takes her.
– That same Miu Miu applique dress has landed yet another cover for August making its appearance total to four covers this month. It really is one great dress… [source]
– The boys of Glee will co-host the Teen Choice Awards with Miss Katy Perry next month.
– Justin Timberlake’s William Rast Collection will collaborate with Target’s Go Fashion line to bring affordable denim to both fans and customers. Pieces are likely to range from $15-$80. [source]
– Jimmy Fallon is accused of sexual discrimination because of his preference with who he wants to work with. [source]
– Mel Gibson continues to be disgusting so Leonardo DiCaprio has decided to pull out of an upcoming film with him. Good choice Leo! [Source]
– Who is set to be more “present” on next season’s Glee? Click here to see!
John Legend and The Roots are releasing a new album! Check out the tracklisting here
– Jennifer Lopez will be replacing Ellen DeGeneres on American Idol next season. [Source]
Huge crush on Neil Patrick Harris
GQ introduces pantless Saturdays including Michael Cera and his Scott Pilgrim costars. NSFW or SFW at your own discretion. [Source]
– Zac Efron visited a strip club in New York and it was a BIG deal you guys. [source]
– Kanye West has got a Twitter account now y’all! Follow him here
– Another Victoria’s Secret model has let slip that Miranda Kerr may be pregnant? Maybe that’s why her and Orlando Bloom got married one month after announcing their engagement.
– W Magazine is pulling a “September Issue” and will be filming a documentary on the release of their September issue. Copycatters of Vogue much? [Source]
– Taylor Momsen has got an official album cover.
– Naomi Watts is the new face of Ann Taylor [Source]
in random news from The Daily What
The poor kid didn’t get to see any of his favorite animals at the zoo because all of the girls wanted to see “gentle animals.”
Awesome street art from Warsaw
The world’s oldest Twitter user passed away today at age 104. [source]
In Seattle news…
– The Picasso will be at the Seattle Art Museum this October. Find out more about how to get tickets here
– The Block Party has come and gone, now you can start making your schedule for Bumbershoot hour-by-hour here
The Grassroots production continues to take over Capitol Hill and it is awesome. [Source]