1. We kicked off the weekend with a company celebration and a whole lot of love! Drinks and snacks at Reposado in Palo Alto was an event not to be missed. I’m personally pretty fond of the red and white sangria.
2. We missed brunch on Saturday and instead opted for a late lunch at Cascal on Castro Street in Mountain View. I’d never eaten here before, but have received countless recommendations to go here because of their tapas. Since I get bored of food easily, small bites go over well with me. I ordered the corn soup and scallops. The corn soup pictured above isn’t what I actually ordered because I had forgotten to take a picture. All you have to know is that it was the sweetest and best tasting corn soup that I have ever had. I can say this because I’ve sampled many. In tis case though, I really wish I would’ve gone for the bowl – the cup was just too little!
3. Sheila hosted a housewarming party at her new humble abode yesterday where she crafted up a storm of goodies including homemade chocolate ice cream and cookies and cream marshmallows.
4. I got made fun of this weekend for the job I did on my nails. I actually hate getting them done so I prefer to do them myself, but that usually means that they end up getting chipped within 5 minutes, have bubbles forming underneath the polish, and get onto my skin. I found myself in a Rite Aid a couple of weeks ago picking up other things, but out of the corner of my eye, felt the urge to purchase myself a bottle of Essie. Jackson’s hand is just here for the cameo.
5. After the housewarming, we decided to stop by West Elm. I wasn’t in dire need of anything, but there was no way I could walk out of the store without purchasing something. I snagged myself another pillow and pillowcase along with two extra towels to add to my collection. You can never have enough? I’m also not very good at taking care of succulents so I made sure not to buy one from my home, but they still looked good enough for a photo.