François-Henri Pinault with Salma Hayek both in Alexander McQueen
There was an unbelievable amount of love for Alexander McQueen and Stella McCartney at this year’s 2011 Met Ball. I think out of all the Met Ball’s I have seen, this one has provided the most looks that I have fallen in love with. Well done everyone.
This year’s theme was in tribute to the late designer Alexander McQueen as the museum debuted a new exhibition in his name. Since there were so many attendees this year, I decided to post only my favorite looks (and a few others) – don’t worry, it’s still pretty image heavy!
Where was Camilla Belle this year?
Natalie Portman in Rodarte
I’m pretty sure it’s impossible to be the worst dressed at the Oscars these days because just about everyone has a stylist. I can’t say anything bad about the gowns worn this year, but obviously there are some I like more than others.
Yay Neil Patrick Harris!!
– Hillary Duff and Mike Comrie just got married tonight in Santa Barbara. Hillary wore Vera Wang [of course.] Scans and pictures will be released Thursday by OK! Magazine, but we all hope it’s a little bit sooner. Question – why do people go to OK! Magazine – there are other magazines out there…better ones too…
– The Glee cast is pushing for a Michael Jackson episode. Haven’t they have enough? Madonna episode – Britney episode. I wish they would just go back to having non-themed episodes. [Source]
– Cheryl Cole will be keeping her last name as Cole and not going back to Tweedy. [Source]
– Joe Jonas has filed a lawsuit against Canadian entertainment blogger Zach Taylor for a posting that claimed Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato were “friends with benefits” [Source]
– Meet the Toronto version of Jersey Shore. Lake Shore. [Source] Because everyone wants to be the next Snooki and The Situation.
Drew Barrymore recently walked the red carpet for the Nylon Magazine/Express party this week in a vintage dress that cost her only $25. Don’t worry her Yves Saint Laurent “Tribute” pumps are $760. [Source]
Out of every event during the year, award shows included, The Metropolitan Costume Gala is by far my favorite. This year’s theme was American Women: Fashioning a National Identity.
Oprah Winfrey w/ Oscar de la Renta in his design. 4.2
Who: Camilla Belle (another winner!)
Wearing: Yves Saint. Laurent
Where: Opera Gala Premiere of Armida sponsored by Yves Saint. Laurent
In terms of the fashion industry, it has been a good year. It is no secret that some startlets shined brighter than others on the red carpet or candidly.
So let’s get to it!
10. Jessica Stroup (actress, 90210) wearing Jason Wu
Actress Kristen Bell in Topshop – 3 Scale: 1 being the worst – 5 being the best
The ever-so-awkward Kristen Stewart in Rock & Republic She works this look a lot. – 2
The Teen Choice Awards will air on FOX tonight at 8PM-10 ET/PT