For the first time in my life, my anticipation revolving around a Taylor Swift music video release was at an all time high. “End Game” is easily one of my favorite singles off of her album, which is crazy because I don’t even like Ed Sheeran, but I still find myself rapping his verse anyways. Another surprising revelation? I typically dislike any song where Taylor Swift is talking and singing at the same time, but I guess when it’s rapping and singing, it feels different to me. So I was around for the release because it was only 9PM PT after all and then I went on to watch the video four more times.
Long story short: I like the song better than the video itself, but I like this music video better than LWYMMD and Ready For It.
Let’s get into some other observations though:
- Why is Taylor Swift partying in Miami, Tokyo, and London?
- Also, this song references drinking quite a bit and she’s basically partying at every location – is drinking a new thing for her?
- No Katy Perry even though it was rumored
- The girl CAN DANCE now. I’m not saying it was a lot of movement, but enough for us to feel confident that she wasn’t as bad as she was several years ago.
- Where can we get that pink toy video camera thing that appears in the “London” scene?
- Taylor has completely upped her fashion game.